Author Topic: Once they make order, moved to different list  (Read 3639 times)

krypton1

• View Profile
Once they make order, moved to different list
« on: September 12, 2006, 06:52:24 pm »
My main list has all the potential customers who are getting followups.  But when they become a real customer, and buy something, I want them to be taken off that list and moved to my different list for paying customers.

This way they stop getting follow ups.  I've noticed this is a common mistake where I finally buy something, and then 2 days later I get the next follow up with a discount coupon for the very thing I bought!

Anyway, I haven't seen code on here to do this.  This should be code I can add to the final page of my shopping cart for completed orders.  Maybe I missed it.  Can someone point me in the right direction or at least describe the general process so I can try coding it?

I've seen code to subscribe and unsubscribe.  Do I need to do these two steps, or is there code to MOVE a user to a different list?  I imagine the later would be a better approach to preserve data in all the fields.

Thanks!

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 11:07:51 pm »
Greetings,

This should be possible with the simpler PHP insertion script.  On the subscription list set the "Additional Options" (on the "List Settings" page) to automatically remove users from other lists if they use the same email address.
I imagine the latter would be a better approach to preserve data in all the fields.

Yes, if you would prefer to retain the old data another approach could be used to move the user (if exists).  This would be more complicated and require custom code to check if the user is already a member of the 'paid' list, check if they are a member of the 'pre-sales' list and finally move, add or ignore the addition.  I could help out with this for about $30.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

krypton1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 07:00:43 am »
Thanks DW.  I think the simpler script will work with that option you mentioned.  I should be able to pull their email address, fname, and lname out of the cart software.  Assuming they use the same email address in the cart as when they first signed up on the site....that will get them switched over.  Thanks!