Author Topic: Any news on the 2.00 update yet guys?  (Read 6690 times)

online82

• View Profile
Any news on the 2.00 update yet guys?
« on: July 18, 2007, 10:42:52 am »
I read the announcements and it was dated January and February.   Five months later, I don't see an update to it yet.  I'm not complaining, just curious to find out the updated status of it.

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 11:25:12 am »
Greetings,

Work is in progress - I appreciate your patience!  Until recently I've been a bit wayward trying to establish security through multiple streams of income and improve on my PHP/MySQL/AJAX/CSS skill-set.  That done, now I'm back working on ListMail full steam.  The program is in a bit of a state of disrepair at this time as I'm making a wide range of improvements.  I'm restructuring things to be more expandable and also understandable for myself... Back in 2002, which is where a lot of ListMail's code comes from, I wasn't exactly experienced!  In fact I learned PHP as I created LMP. :)  Now after developing upwards of 10 sites and working on and optimizing dozens of servers I'm applying everything I've learned to the program.  When the next update is done (2.0 or 1.9 - I haven't quite decided even though I've been calling it 2.0) I know you will be surprised by the wide range of improvements.  Thank you for writing and again for your continued patience.  I hope to be able to provide more features more quickly in the future.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

AlanT

• View Profile
    • http://www.PowerKeysPub.com
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 03:56:20 pm »
If Listmail is the product of your apprenticeship, you are a programming GOD!  It's amazing how many different server configurations you are able to comply with in a single system.

If any of your multiple streams of income involve the creation of another product, do make sure to let us know about it.
- Alan

We all have the Power.
All we need are the Keys.
http://www.PowerKeysPub.com

val

• View Profile
    • http://www.skymax.com
Go Dean!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:20:57 pm »
Dean,

You've done an incredible job with ListMailPro - in more ways than one.

I remember, always, the support I received when I purchased LMP - a return  phone call years ago.  WHO does that?!  

And the program itself is powerful.   It stands head and shoulders above other scripts and services.  

Your support on the forum is commendable.  This takes a lot of time and work.  Your efforts are amazing.

ListMailPro is my number one recommendation for folks with a just a bit of technical savvy.  No affiliate link needed - it's a flat out "go get it" recommendation.  And for those who are not as technically adept, I let  them know you will install for a very reasonable fee.

Thank you for being accessible and helpful.  I am looking forward to your next iteration or new venture.

All the best,
Val

Fly privately for a fraction of the cost when you subscribe
Skymax Air Charter Empty Leg Notification

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 02:20:20 am »
Wow, you guys  :oops:  Thanks so much for your kind comments! :lol:
Dean Wiebe

john193

• View Profile
Next Update or Release
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 07:00:48 am »
Hi Dean,

I read with great interest your most recent post. Glad to know you've mastered various aspects of PHP, AJAX and other stuff.  I noticed that it was sometime earlier this year that you stated you were back FULL Steam on working on the next update...

Might I add a word of "wisdom".  Don't shoot for perfectism but excellence. Incremental change updates would be best. Otherwise, you'll never ship the next version.

Been there ... done that...

Can't wait to see what you have in store for 2.0 -- I'm sure it will be a winner.

Christopher

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 03:20:19 pm »
I am working on the update every day.  One of the most time-consuming issues has been the differences in browser interpretation of CSS.  I have spent hours trying to get things to display with the correct line-height etc. in IE and FireFox.  Previously I did all spacing with transparent 1x1 .gif images, but I'd like to get away from that.  I am digging in and hope to have the issues solved, the interface improved, and the next update out very soon.

Regards
Dean Wiebe

steveb

• View Profile
Any estimate?
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 01:34:41 pm »
I'm really looking forward for more robust functionality in open/click-thru tracking.

Thanks.

richardwing

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 12:24:27 am »
Hey there DW.

Its been about 4 months since your last posts mentioning that your back to LMP full steam and mentioned a few weeks of programming to go.

Can you bring us up to speed as to possible release date and what actual new features and improvements have been added up until this moment in time?

Thanks,
Richard Wing
Richard Wing

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can sell him all kinds of fishing equiptment!" ;)

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 07:41:12 am »
Dean,

Can you please give us some "update" on the "update"  :D .

I would imagine many people would like this information...I don't feel I need to reiterate all the concerns.

It has been quite a while and from your past messages I would have thought it would have been released by now.

Thanks!

Don