Author Topic: [Dev] v1.8 General Testing  (Read 6964 times)

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
[Dev] v1.8 General Testing
« on: March 24, 2005, 05:23:06 am »
Note: v1.8 is no longer in testing.  The update has become official!

----
The long-awaited v1.8 update is ready and available in the members area!

This is a pre-release, basically aimed at getting it out there for you guys to use.  There is still some work to do (features/improvements, cosmetic changes, and documentation) before it will become the current distribution.

View a list of changes

I have been testing the new features (and upgrade process) and they appear to be working fine.  There is little risk to your data with this upgrade but it's a good idea to perform a backup before doing it anyways (preferably with PhpMyAdmin, due to backup issues in v1.77b :().

Please post any bugs, issues, or comments regarding the new changes as replies to this message.  (One hot topic might be the re-positioning of the "Send Message" button) :shock:

So, who's brave enough to be the first? :lol:

Enjoy!
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

sales

• View Profile
Works for me
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 11:22:06 am »
Dean,

I have a fairly small list (250) so I installed 1.8 without any problems at all, and scheduled a mailing to go out 20 minutes after I upgraded.

All went out fine not a problem for me at all.

Of course I haven't gotten to play with all the new goodies yet just thought you would enjoy knowing that it was a totally seamless upgrade for me.

I like the new look and feel of the admin area, I know theres tons of tweeking that I'll play with as I have time.

Great upgrade.

Mark Riddle

sydney3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 04:05:39 pm »
Hi Dean,

Have installed and it upgraded without issue. All my lists are all there and sending fine (so far).

Will update on how it all progresses!

Thanks Dean for the update and keep up the great work.

Regards,
Matt
Internet marketing Systems (Australia)

mcgrane

• View Profile
Wow!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 01:47:25 am »
Dean,

This new version is SO GOOD!

It feels like I have just switched from my plodding old road bike to a new, high performance racing cycle. Smooth and efficient. It just glided me through the set up and using it is a dream.

Perhaps an even better way to describe it, is to say it's like riding downhill after going up!

Our clients are going to love it!

Thanks,
Len

lynda.kane

• View Profile
    • http://www.realhealth-online.com
Rule based sending at last! Thank you!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 03:40:54 am »
I'm no cgi genius, but managed to upgrade without a hitch.  Great!  One question - the files in the "attach", "cgi" and "xtra" folders seem earlier than the ones on my system - I didn't upload these. Is that an error?  Everything seems to work OK!   :D

There seemed to be a bit of display text scrambled in the rule based sending rule selction screen, but haven't really played with that yet.

Thanks for coming through with all your promises!

Lynda
Comments from the Energy Awareness Training

"A truly transformational weekend."
"the most EMPOWERING of anything I've done before."
"I didn't realise it was going to change my life!"

www.EAT.energyawareness.org
www.EnergyEgg.com
Tel :  +44 (0)207 617 7521

hankins

• View Profile
    • http://www.hankinsphotography.com
Can't Drop Primary
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 06:56:29 am »
I guess I win the First Failed Upgrade Contest! (Somebody's gotta be the first!)

After overwriting the old files, I went to the login.php page and got the following:
Upgrade detected! running..
Your Version: 1.77  New Version: 1.8
Please wait..
24Can't DROP 'PRIMARY'; check that column/key exists

When I login, I get:
Unknown column 'chtmlid' in 'field list'

I'm able to replicate this error every time I try to upgrade. All of my data is backed up, so I have restored to 1.77 and then (attempted to) upgrade 4 or 5 different times now -- each time getting the "Can't Drop Primary" error.

Originally, I thought it might be tied to the fact that my server recently upgraded to MySQL 4.10 and that it stemmed from previous problems converting ISAM to MyISAM. I then tried to load it up in my local testing environment (different box) to see if I could replicate the errors. While I was unable to get the same error, I got the following:

Upgrade detected! running..
Your Version: 1.77  New Version: 1.8
Please wait..
20Unknown column 'urows' in 'lm_config'

Logging in, again, gives me:
Unknown column 'chtmlid' in 'field list'

Note -- I *AM* able to install 1.8 as a clean install. If I delete all the db tables and then hit login.php, everything is created properly. On one attempt, I did a clean install and then tried dumping my old data in, and with the exception of a few lines that I manually had to manipulate, most of the data was inserted okay (though this probably isn't the smartest thing to do, as I don't know what upgraded features this might inadvertently circumvent). Hopefully you might be able to figure out what might be coughing.

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 07:39:06 am »
Please re-download the v1.8 files and let me know if you continue to have troubles.
Dean Wiebe

bhl007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 06:10:14 pm »
Backup function is not working

Please see my 2nd post at http://listmailpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=577.0

Thanks.

hankins

• View Profile
    • http://www.hankinsphotography.com
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 06:03:27 pm »
Quote from: "DW"
Please re-download the v1.8 files and let me know if you continue to have troubles.

That worked! Thanks, Dean  :D

dtrack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 07:59:09 pm »
I just upgraded and everything seemed to go fine.
I ftp'd copies of all the old files back to my hard drive first in case the wheels came off.

Only problem I've noticed so far is on the User Selection screen where I have some garbled text. I see...

"< Change this to search or query by "

and the rest is covered by two squares?

Dean

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 06:22:47 am »
The two squares might be the
  • and [Del] buttons to add and remove rules.  Do you happen to have fonts enlarged on your browser? This might cause what you are describing.  I can see it ok in Firefox and IE, but IE is recommended because the counters don't work (yet) under FireFox..
Dean Wiebe

dtrack

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 10:23:15 am »
I'm at 1024 x 768 and it's the same no matter what text size I use in IE (smallest to largest)  I can send you a screen shot if you want.

ALSO, since I upgraded I've started receiving emails from new subscribers saying the confirmation link doesn't work.

I subscribed myself to check it out and sure enough, instead of a confirmation link all I get is the message code... "!confirm"

Funny thing is, when I log in and view all the global message codes,
"!confirm" doesn't even appear on the list. I do see one called "!button - Remove Confirm" but nothing for !confirm.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Dean

toma

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 11:35:06 am »
The same is happening with my lists. No mention of any config changes needed in the install docs. Is the install document trunacted? Its only says the following for an upgrade:

[ Upgrading ]
1. Overwrite your old files with the new ones.
2. Log in to ListMail.

I bet there is a 3rd or 4th step missing...
Tom

toma

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 11:44:52 am »
I solved this by going to message codes --> add new codes.

Then select "signup confirm" from the pulldown menu and fill the info on the page with the details you want.

A remaining question is--what other changes need to be made when upgrading? What have I missed?
Thanks
Tom

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 03:30:47 pm »
dtrack,

Is the feature completely unusable?  Please send a screenshot to my email address, perhaps it will help.

toma,

Upgrading is really quite simple.  It's true - all you have to do is replace your main ListMail folder files with the new ones (except config.php), and re-login to the program at which point database changes will be automatically applied.

dtrack/toma,

I have just fixed the upgrade process in the latest download.  The !confirm code was not being automatically created as it was supposed to be.  If you've already upgraded, simply create a message code of the type "Signup Confirm".

The only other thing(s) you need to do can be viewed in the notes at http://listmailpro.com/changes.php
note: when upgrading to this version you will need to re-customize your "remove confirm" remove buttons. a default code !button, previously used in every list's remove confirm html, has been created in global codes. you will need to create more codes and update your html to use them if you want to customize each list's remove button.

Regards!
Dean Wiebe