Author Topic: Need help with transfer of listmail and data  (Read 2896 times)

mcnak

• View Profile
Need help with transfer of listmail and data
« on: March 28, 2005, 12:02:46 pm »
Can someone tell me a quick and easy way (if there is one) to transfer listmail and all of my user data inside listmail to a new webhost?

Thank you in advance!

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 03:21:28 pm »
Here's an old post on the subject:

http://listmailpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=506.0

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

mcnak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 04:20:40 pm »
I have been in PHPMyAdmin all day and I cannot figure out how to dump these files to my hard drive. Any other assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again!

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Manual Backup
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 09:49:33 pm »
I apologize for not being more descriptive.  In PhpMyAdmin you'll see a left menu that lists your databases.  Click the database containing ListMail.  In the main window you should be presented with all of the ListMail tables.  These, and the data they contain, (Click "Browse" on any table to see its data) are what need to be saved.  At the top of the page you should see a button "Export".  Click this button.  On the Export page, select all of the ListMail tables in the select box.  Choose the option "Complete Inserts" and "Create ZIP file".  Leave the filename at the default, which should be a variable for the database name.  Submit the form.  Once created, save the file to your hard drive and you have all of your ListMail data backed up.

Restoring the data can be done through ListMail.  Rename the unzipped version of the backup to have an .LM extension, upload it to your main ListMail folder, and use the ListMail Restore feature.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Dean Wiebe

mcnak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 10:25:53 pm »
Dean,

I think I got it. Thank you so much for your help. I have one more question.... I have upgraded to 1.8, how do I add the confirm message code? In 1.77 it was !confirm but that does not seem to work anymore and I do not see it in the message codes list.

Thank you again!

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 01:02:39 am »
The most recent files contain a fix because the required message code was not being created automatically on upgrade.  As you've already upgraded, you won't benefit from re-downloading ListMail.  You simply need to create a code of the type "Confirmation Link" named !confirm

Regards
Dean Wiebe

andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 09:48:41 pm »
This makes sense:

Restoring the data can be done through ListMail. Rename the unzipped version of the backup to have an .LM extension, upload it to your main ListMail folder, and use the ListMail Restore feature.

But, the file that comes out of the zip is a Sql file with a .txt extension. When I go to rename the file, I am only able to place the typical .LM extension on the file. Is that all I need to do? I remember from previous backups that the .LM was obviously not identified by an application on my computer- was that just a .Sql file?

I guess I could always upload the 30+MB file and see if LM recognizes it, but I thought I would inquire first to see if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks again Dean for all your help.

Andrew Golden

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 08:27:23 am »
Yes, the *.LM files are simply plain-text SQL files.  I will likely implement a ZIP mechanism in the future for those with large databases.

Regards
Dean Wiebe

andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 10:28:51 am »
So even though I change the .Sql or .txt to be .LM, by using the rename option, it will be able to be recognized by ListMail?....even though the icon
still notes it as being a text file?

A .Zip option would be a tremendous advantage for those of us that have  large databases. Be interested in setting up a poll to see if others are interested in this option before you invest the time/work to develop it.

Thanks for your help and nice changes on 1.8.

Thanks,
Andrew