Author Topic: Email Web Hosting, Servers & Domains Reviewed  (Read 92749 times)

lajre

• View Profile
Email Web Hosting, Servers & Domains Reviewed
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 04:51:12 pm »
Does anyone have experiences with IXwebhosting?  I have been using them for 4 years with no problems then all of a sudden emails have been stuck in a queue for several hours and up to a day.  They continue to say that there have been problems due to an increased load on the server but that it is now fixed but still problems.

I was looking at a service such as www.authsmtp.com to send my email.  Any thoughts? Thanks

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 07:24:49 am »
If performance problems are a new development it might be worthwhile to raise the issue with your host.  They may be able to optimize the server or identify a major block against the server.  Some tips for optimizing various mail software can be found here:
http://listmailpro.com/forum/index.php?board=8

ListMail currently can't use an external mail server for all of it's email.  Confirmation, welcome and some notification emails are always sent with internal PHP mail, which means from the web server.  A system configuration change would be required for PHP mail to use an external server.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

lajre

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 03:46:48 pm »
thanks for the info regarding the external server Dean ..

I have brought it up with the host on several occasions and they just keep telling me that there have been problems but it will be fixed soon.. that was a month ago so looking for a new host now.

jeb3

• View Profile
BlueSost has cut me down to 150/hr. I need an email host
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 10:22:33 am »
Any suggestions for email hosting for LMP?

KB

• View Profile
Getting me set up Dean
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 01:56:13 am »
Hey Dean
It's been a while since I've been around but I'm looking at setting up the mail server again. I want you to set it up on a server you recommend and I want to be able to mail maybe 150k a day. Come back tome as soon as you are able and let me know what your offerings and recommendations are.

Regards

Kevin

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 07:27:29 am »
Hi Kevin, I currently recommend [removed at their request] for servers.  Their lowest-end CPU and 1GB ram should be great.  If you don't need to host a lot of domains or email accounts I could configure a bare-bones server with no control panel.  If you would like a control panel I recommend Plesk or cPanel.

I can do a setup of the server and ListMail for $150 and do ongoing management and monitoring for $25/mo.

Regards
Dean Wiebe

KB

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 05:07:22 pm »
Hi Dean

Sounds ok - cpanel is what I'm used to and I'd prefer something I can work with. How long will it take you to get the job done after you get a go ahead?

Kevin

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 08:45:03 am »
Hi Kevin,  I try to start well within 24 hours of receiving payment.  Regards, DW
Dean Wiebe

sonna

Re: Email Web Hosting, Servers & Domains Reviewed
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 04:55:07 am »
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their own website accessible via the World Wide Web. Web hosts are companies that provide space on a server they own or lease for use by their clients as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center. Web hosts can also provide data center space and connectivity to the Internet for servers they do not own to be located in their data center, called colocation.
email management software should help bring your advertising into the current century and make you a force to be reckoned with on the Internet.
email management software

mike2

• View Profile
Re: Email Web Hosting, Servers & Domains Reviewed
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2011, 05:41:29 am »
Been a while since I visited this forum, brings back old memories...

I figured I'd post and let anyone who was interested know that I was now offering email friendly web hosting...

No spam allowed of course, very strict on that... It also comes with a bit newer autoresponder than Listmail but you should also be able(?) to use listmail if you wanted...

Here's my shameless plug for it:
http://www.extremeleadprogram.com/extreme-autoresponder-realtime-web-host