Author Topic: Backup error, so should I download this?  (Read 1968 times)

bhl007

• View Profile
Backup error, so should I download this?
« on: June 17, 2006, 02:38:52 am »
Optimizing tables... DONE Writing backup file... DONE Verifying backup file... ERROR - MISSING DATA TABLES
Zipping... OK

thanks.

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 06:52:56 pm »
No, you should not download the file as it is an incomplete backup.  Do you get a file 0 bytes in size?  If so, this may be related to this post.  Also possible is that your host does not complete the backup properly on more time-consuming tables such as the user table due to the method of which the backups are performed.  Currently the process uses the commandline mysql server utilities and may need to be rewritten to work on all servers.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

bhl007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 05:45:22 am »
no, there is no "file 0 bytes in size", and the file size is not 0, i have already check.

there is such a record "2006-06-20_08-41-21.LM.gz3M"

last time don't have this problem, backup always fine.

It only start to happen in these few days.... help ><

don1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 12:04:06 pm »
I have been having the exact same problem...but I do not know what to attribute it to.  Everything else is working fine.

Dean usually comes up with the answer...

~Don

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 11:02:53 pm »
Without access I can't troubleshoot to find out exactly what's going on.  Has your database (# of users, etc) grown a lot larger recently?  I suspect there is a problem, probably time-limit related due to using the commandline mysql utilities instead of PHP to backup the DB.  iI have just completed rewriting the backup process so the command-line utilities will no longer be required.  This should eliminate all future errors.  I hope to have the release out in the next few days.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

bhl007

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 06:27:11 am »
yes, recently my list become a lot bigger.

So? still need to wait for how many days for me to upgrade to latest version with this problem fixed?

List is gold, i have to always do backup with it. :)

btw, I seriously need the function to check the email validity. Due to some of the list that I get is from ffa, and it consist of a lot of invalid email address, I hope that can have the function to let me Import list,

once import done, the screen will tell me "Import done",

then it will do the validation automatically, then only send out email (running at background without me always have to be at pc to monitor the progress of emailverify.php