Author Topic: Import Leads error  (Read 1370 times)

bhl007

• View Profile
Import Leads error
« on: September 24, 2006, 12:23:21 am »
Hi, I found that it's a problem with the mailing list....

Example: I have the following custom field:

upline phone
upline messenger

THen I set the default value:

upline phone: 3432q32
upline messenger: xyz324

Note: upline's default value is the default value set by me, i am upline.

When someone optin, I will make sure every custom field will have in the form, and all the value filled.

BUT if I import leads, it will not get any upline variable, because it's not from optin form. So after import, it should get the default value to fill in the fields.

After import several hundreds fresh leads and having more than 5 times of followups, I feel weird because nobody seems to signup for any programs I promoting. After done a check, omg.. the custom field that don't have value when I import is still empty, it will not take the default value.

And now I having difficulties, fill in the custom field of these several hundreds leads with default value manually?

or I not able to pause this particular list either.

Help~~~  :-(

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Import Leads error
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 03:12:21 am »
This will be somewhat possible in the next update with checkboxes/all results options on the User database page.  It cannot currently be done with the Import process (good suggestion, though!).

Do you know how to access PhpMyAdmin?  If so, you can use it to run the following custom query which sets all users on the list who don't have custom values to the default value.  This example assumes custom fields #1 and #2 and list #1.  Set the list number to your list.
Code: [Select]
update lm_users set user1 = '3432q32', user2 = 'xyz324' where list = '1' and user1 = '' and user2 = '';
I am unsure how not having these values would cause emails not to go out..  Followups cannot currently be 'conditional' based on custom field values.  Are you using User Selection, perhaps?

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting