Author Topic: Giving up?  (Read 53024 times)

macaspeer

• View Profile
Giving up?
« on: February 12, 2009, 06:15:29 pm »
Howdy y'all!

I am sensing bad bad things around the forum.  It has a very eerie feel.  No talk from the leadership.

And, in fact, it's causing me to have some serious doubts about my ability to keep running my websites.

Not to belabor the point, but I am not able to resolve certain issues, and I don't get the feeling that I'm going to get much help from admin.

Mostly just wondering ... how are you guys feeling about your sites?

I've been running in 4 niches for the last 4 years, and just recently my server limited my email send to 250 per hour.  And I can't figure out how to throttle my messages.

Basically, at this point, without having the ability to adjust this setting, I have no reason to send emails.  Most of my lists are too big to limit them that much.

Anyhow ... I'm feeling a little saddened, and wondering if it's really worth it?  To be honest, I never thought I'd say that ... because I love doing this so much.  But this is dragging me down.

How you guys doing?

Hopefully you're doing better than me!  Give a shout out if you're doing well ... hopefully it'll pick me up a bit.

Best Wishes!

Al

paulbeestonuk

• View Profile
My server hosted my LMP (Dean) has been down for a month!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 01:00:52 am »
Hi Al,
I understand your frustation - but at least your sites are running.
I can't even access my LMP server (hosted by Dean) and it has been down  for a month!
I can only assume something has happened with Dean - usually he is very responsive to email.
I am not on your side of the Atlantic, is it possible to make some enquiries about Dean's well-being?

a-goodwin

• View Profile
feeling it to...
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 08:31:45 am »
Yeah- we're frozen... can't access anything.
All of our databases we've built up over the years are inaccessible and basically our business can't move forward.
We are definitely scared. Not sure what to do. :shock:

paulbeestonuk

• View Profile
Giving up?
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 08:40:34 am »
I think first we need to find out what has happened to Dean. Is he ill - has something happened to him? Does anyone have a phone number for him?

Second: it would be helpful if we could find out where he hosts our LPM servers. I can still ping my URL but I cannot access the admin page which would suggest the server is still alive and maybe the db is down.

Helen.Jones

• View Profile
Giving up?
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 03:48:06 am »
We have paid for listmail and a full installation but I hadn't been able to get on the site for weeks - it just wasn't loading at all - until today.

Also have tried to email Dena but just get bouncebacks and undeliverable messages.

Am now wondering if it's a good idea to submit all informaiton relating to hosting information and apsswords etc until someone hears from Dean or anyone else from listmail itself.

Has anyone else had any joy?

paulbeestonuk

• View Profile
Possible contact number for Dean
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 05:34:00 am »
Helen,
I found this number searching for Dean's name on the net, 604-466-0871
I have just tried calling it from the UK (13:30 local time) and it went to voice mail. I will try this number again this evening. In the meantime if someone on the other side of the Atlantic (Canada or US) would like to try this number that would be good.
Paul.

Helen.Jones

• View Profile
Giving up?
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 08:54:35 am »
I'm UK based too so can't be any more help - can anyone else help?!

edwpro

• View Profile
    • http://www.247wow.com
Maybe this may help...
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 12:58:34 pm »
Domain name: listmailpro.com

Registrant Contact:
   WhoisGuard
   WhoisGuard Protected ()

Fax:
   8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #110 - 732
   Westchester, CA 90045
   US

Administrative Contact:
   WhoisGuard
   WhoisGuard Protected (ede2aff3d42c457c84e2f88a32ce0042.protect@whoisguard.com)
   +1.6613102107
   Fax: +1.6613102107
   Westchester, CA 90045
   US

Technical Contact:
   WhoisGuard
   WhoisGuard Protected (ede2aff3d42c457c84e2f88a32ce0042.protect@whoisguard.com)
   +1.6613102107
   Fax: +1.6613102107
   Westchester, CA 90045
   US

Name Servers:
   NS1.LMHOST.COM
   NS2.LMHOST.COM

Creation date: 07 Jun 2002 13:19:57
Expiration date: 07 Jun 2009 13:19:57

paulbeestonuk

• View Profile
Have tried the phone number several times . . .
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 11:46:55 am »
Hi,
I am having no luck trying to contact Dean - the number I have just goes to voice mail. My mail server is still down and I cannot access the control panel. My annoyance at the server being down is tempered by my anxiety that something serious has happened to Dean.
Short of getting on a plane and going to his house I am not sure what else I can do.
Does anyone on the forum have any suggestions?

Also please can those of you affected contact me by email paul@earthstory.co.uk (I will remove this email address in a few days) just in case this site goes down too.
Thanks,
Paul.

steve4

• View Profile
My site hosted by Dean is still up.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 07:39:01 am »
Not sure why you guys are down but my site is also hosted by Dean and still up so his server can't be down. I have his pager number so will send a message and see if he responds.

Steve

paulbeestonuk

• View Profile
Re: My site hosted by Dean is still up.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 12:52:17 pm »
Quote from: "steve4"
Not sure why you guys are down but my site is also hosted by Dean and still up so his server can't be down. I have his pager number so will send a message and see if he responds.

Steve

Hi Steve,
I can still ping my server so I am thinking it could be the db problem I have had many times before. Whatever the problem this has been down for more than a month.
Please can you let us know the outcome of paging Dean.
Thanks,
Paul.

Helen.Jones

• View Profile
Giving up?
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 06:31:00 am »
Any joy? I am still waiting to hear so I can even get listmail installed but am feeling a bit like that might never actually happen now.

paulbeestonuk

• View Profile
Giving up?
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 08:23:34 am »
Hi Helen,
Please can you email me paul@earthstory.co.uk
Thanks,
Paul.

steve4

• View Profile
No response from pager
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 07:30:12 am »
Hi, I paged Dean 24 hours ago but so far no response.

Has anyone tried paying the fee for him to do work to get their software up and running again? . It does say above 'due to overwhelming paid work.....' This might show one way to find out if he is around or not. You book the jobs with a form an cc from what I remember.

Perhaps this is his way of getting away for a holiday or something.

Steve

paulbeestonuk

• View Profile
Re: No response from pager
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 09:26:17 am »
Quote from: "steve4"
Hi, I paged Dean 24 hours ago but so far no response.
Has anyone tried paying the fee for him to do work to get their software up and running again? . It does say above 'due to overwhelming paid work.....' This might show one way to find out if he is around or not. You book the jobs with a form an cc from what I remember.
Perhaps this is his way of getting away for a holiday or something.

Hi Steve,
Not sure how this applies.
Dean hosts my LMP server for which I pay each month. My server has been down for over a month now. Other people have paid for LMP installation and the work has not yet been done. I don't see how this can be Dean taking a holiday.
Paul.