Author Topic: Replacing Listmail?  (Read 4351 times)

melanie

• View Profile
Replacing Listmail?
« on: May 06, 2009, 09:33:40 am »
On Friday I was getting ready to send a mailing to one of my shorter lists.  In the process of testing, we realized that only 1 of the test emails was receiving the mail, the other 4 weren't.  I tried to come here for support, but the website was down... now that it's finally back up I'm reading the issues others are having, and have realized that it might be time to replace Listmail as well.  We are sending a mailing today using phplist, but I'm not 100% happy with it so far...

Any recommendations?  We're running on our own server with 1and1.com as a host.

TIA!

mike2

• View Profile
Replacing Listmail?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:10:23 am »
Well honestly first off, I wish Dean was around, been a LONG time user and it's been very disappointing the past couple years...

Listmail still does pretty much everything I need but updates are always exciting even if they are just small and don't do a lot...

Anyway back to your post...

Secondly I highly doubt listmail is the reason why you aren't getting your mail at the other 3 emails.  It could be but I doubt it.

It's more and likely your server is blocked and changing to another email system on the same server won't help.

dl1217

• View Profile
Replacing Listmail?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 06:42:05 pm »
yes, i doubt it is LMP causing that.

i still use it to this day and do very well with it, especially compared to paid solutions such as volomp.

with that said it would be nice if dean was still around to work on this projects but it was something that was expected since the v.2 took forever and never even came out to my knowledge.

but for the ones that have basic PHP knowledge the absence doesn't effect them much since the source is open and not encoded, i did a small tweak to mine which lets me do ransom subjects instead of just one.... it could use more tweaks but im not a PHP guru  :evil:

stevepett

• View Profile
Offers of Help
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 02:06:57 am »
Why not offer paid help for those of us who don't have a clue how PHP works!!

Steve

stevepett

• View Profile
1and1 as a host
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 12:48:23 am »
Don't try to use ListMail on a 1and1 hosted site - they allow less than 100 emails to be sent every 15 minutes, but it is very hard to find that out.

I wasted every Friday for about 2 years dealing with that problem. until I found out about it, transferred hosting to Dean (at the time) and sends took 5 minutes instead of a whole day until Dean gave up.

Still trying to get it to work elswhere and failing!

Steve @
www.Findapro.co.uk

BGSWebDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.bgswebdesign.com
Replacing Listmail?
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 07:45:21 am »
Melanie,

> We are sending a mailing today using phplist, but I'm not 100% happy with it so far...

What are you finding with phplist?  I tried it myself years ago, but am stlil going to stick with LMP, it does everything I need, faster/better than the paid services.

Keep us posted what you find/decide.

Steve:
> Why not offer paid help for those of us who don't have a clue how PHP works!!

I'm offering that now, see my website:
http://www.bgswebdesign.com
Thanks,
-Brett
http://www.bgswebdesign.com/Contact-Us.php

*** I do custom List Mail Pro installations ***
Contact me through my website (above)