Author Topic: Followups and sequences  (Read 1979 times)

sydney3

• View Profile
Followups and sequences
« on: July 26, 2005, 08:17:16 pm »
Okay, I have a question that may seem stupid, but I am asking it because of a problem.

I have a new list with about 30 people that have subscribed to that list. These subscribers have received their welcome email (obviously) that is essentially their FIRST newsletter.

Now, I want to add a new follow-up to that list which will basically be their SECOND newsletter. I want that follow-up to go out on the next dailymail run (which as I understand is what will happen by default).

My question is this: as the users on the list (at the moment) have a sequence number of 1 (the welcome email??) set against them, do I need to set this new follow-up (very first follow-up) to a sequence of 2, or 1? In other words, do the followups effectively start a new sequence and therefore need a 1 (as shown in the ListMail manual and documentation), or should they be set to 2, meaning the welcome email is the first of a total sequence and the first follow-up is the second (hence 2)?

I hope this makes sense!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Scott

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Followups and sequences
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 01:12:43 am »
The welcome message isn't really tied into the user's Seq #.  We simply set users to Seq 1 Delay 0 if there are no followups on a list.  ListMail shows the user's current Seq # as the next followup to be sent.  Simply set up a followup with Seq #1 and it will be sent automatically.  If you have just one followup you will notice that users will then be 'stuck' at Seq #2 until you add followup 2.  A user having a Seq # one past the last followup is said to be at the "End of Sequence".

If a number is missing from the followups ListMail will skip it, so if you start your followups at #2 it will have the same effect. :)  This allows you to delete messages in sequence without re-numbering.  I still haven't been able to allow you to ADD followups this way, though.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

sydney3

• View Profile
Followups and sequences
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 01:35:42 am »
Hi Dean,

That's great and answers my question perfectly.

Cheers,
Scott.