Author Topic: Adding Multiple Followups to a Current List...  (Read 1770 times)

sydney3

• View Profile
Adding Multiple Followups to a Current List...
« on: July 27, 2005, 11:25:58 pm »
Hi Dean,

I have another question in relation to followups to a current list: I want to add, say, two (or multiple for that matter) newsletters to the end of a list that has currently ONLY received the welcome email and I want all these newsletters to have a 30 day delay between them.

The first followup (followup sequence 1), I would need to submit to the list on roughly the 30th day from the start of the list, so that it went out (on the next dailymail run) at the 30 day mark from the start of the list. I would also need to ensure the delay was set to 29.

The second followup, I would need to submit either another 30 days later, OR immediately after the first followup was submitted so long as it was submitted BEFORE the next dailymail run (which will send the first followup).

Do I have this correct, or is it a case that if I submit followup 2 immediately following followup 1, it will automatically go on the next dailymail as well -- effectively meaning followup 1 and 2 will go together?

If this is the case, how do I submit multiple followups at the end of a sequence with a 30 day delay between them all -- and maintain that delay sequence?

Hope you can help.

Thanks Dean

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 11:54:23 am »
Do I have this correct, or is it a case that if I submit followup 2 immediately following followup 1, it will automatically go on the next dailymail as well -- effectively meaning followup 1 and 2 will go together?

Two followups should not be sent in the same day.

If this is the case, how do I submit multiple followups at the end of a sequence with a 30 day delay between them all -- and maintain that delay sequence?

If you want a 30 day delay before your first followup is sent, set up a delay of "29" and enable the option "Reset all users on this followup to new delay" when creating the followup.  If you think it's necessary (it shouldn't be) you can do the same thing when adding followups #2 and #3.

Hope that helps!

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

sydney3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 03:18:12 pm »
Hi Dean,

Thanks. This is great!

One additional question: if I add the first followup with a delay of 0, once all the members on the list get that followup (at the next dailymail run), I can then adjust the delay on that followup back up to 29 and then all NEW members to the list (after the adjustment) will get that email in 30 days, correct?

Thanks again Dean.

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 09:42:18 pm »
Yes that's right.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting