ListMailPRO Email Marketing Software Forums > Email Web Hosting

To VPS or not?

(1/2) > >>

paul:
Hey Dean and Company,

My 2 dedicated servers are starting to max out email wise.  I'm sending close to 150K emails every other day to my opt-in lists.

I was thinking of purchasing a VPS package from somebody for 1 or 2 of my lists.  Could I send to a 150K emails via VPS, once a week.  I could throttle it to send over 1-3 days, no problem.  Is that do-able?

Any recommendations on VPS hosts?

Everybody seems to love:

jaguarpc.com

at Webhostingtalk. Any experiences.

DW:
I cannot personally recommend VPSs.  I recently tried to move two clients with 10k-40k per day lists to their own respective VPS.  Both had severe problems with resources and system speed..  We were only able to achieve about 25,000 per day.  Now I have these clients on a $40/mo plan and am sharing a full dedicated between the two of them.  A VPS capable of performing as you like will run you about as much as a cheap dedicated server.  I recommend finding a rock-bottom full dedicated server deal instead of going with a VPS.

Regards

mike2:
Just curious as to who you are using for Dedicated servers right now...  I am considering moving away from my own T1 line and getting a dedicated machine to run my 150K daily list to...

Let me know, thanks.

paul:
I've been using Data393, previously Ventures Online for about 10 years now.  Their support is unreal. Usually within 10 minutes with a ticket or quick phone call.  They are bit pricey-  $349/mo. for the base package.  My servers are $550 each with RH, extra RAM, and Triple redundant backup.  

But, I have to tell you, I sleep a lot easier with them.  I haven't had downtime in about 18 months.   I had a bad drive 18 months ago, by the way they fixed that within 15 minutes without me even asking.

I love D393!

DW:
I don't use one provider exclusively, and my clients are sometimes on others... I'm fond of:

<edited, please visit our hosting page for the latest recommendations>

For ListMail the lowest CPU should be fine but you will want 512-1GB RAM, 1GB if possible.  Such packages can sometimes be had on clearance for as low as $60/mo

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version