Author Topic: Welcome / Confirmation "Bounce to Email" Problem  (Read 12201 times)

tammy

• View Profile
Welcome / Confirmation "Bounce to Email" Problem
« on: January 10, 2007, 10:09:30 pm »
Someone has been submitting bogus hotmail addresses through our subscription form. When the confirmation emails bounce, they're going to an email address that automatically imports into our CRM software, and it's a lot of work to manually delete them. I want to change the "from" address on the confirmation emails, so when they bounce, they go elsewhere. I've looked everywhere and can't find that address. It's not the "send" address for our lists, or the "bounce" address or any others specified there. Where is the "from" address for confirmation emails and welcome emails specified?

Thanks!

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Welcome / Confirmation "Bounce to Email" Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 01:31:56 am »
Amy,

Some hosts don't set the "Return-path:" header correctly to your bounce address with PHP mail (used by confirmation, welcome and some notification emails).  You can verify this by doing a test signup and checking the header(s) of the email.

One thing you can try that may fix this is:

In config.php change this:
// Use -f setting to set return-path correctly with PHP mail()
// This is used for welcome and confirmation messages.  If you are receiving "raw" bounce
// messages from welcome emails even if you have bounce configured this may need to be set.
$phpmailf = '';
// $phpmailf = 1;

To this:
// Use -f setting to set return-path correctly with PHP mail()
// This is used for welcome and confirmation messages.  If you are receiving "raw" bounce
// messages from welcome emails even if you have bounce configured this may need to be set.
// $phpmailf = '';
$phpmailf = 1;

Please let me know if you continue to have troubles!

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting