Author Topic: Listmail Pro and A-Member Integration Issue  (Read 9635 times)

richard1

• View Profile
Listmail Pro and A-Member Integration Issue
« on: August 31, 2006, 04:10:53 am »
Hi all,

I've integrated LMP with amember, and find the two work really well together... BUT! I have one little problem.

When a new member signs up (in amember) amember adds my member to a "MEMBERS" list in LMP. Fine. The list settings for the "MEMBER" list are set so that when a new user is added to this list, they should be removed from another of my list: "PROSPECTS". Also fine.
Where the problem's emerged is that the COMPLETE record enetered into the "PROSPECTS" list in LMP must match EXACTLY the complete record sent through to my "MEMBERS" list in LMP (sent through from amember). If the complete records do not match EXACTLY (i.e. on has upper-case first letter in their name) LMP does not automatically remove the 'prospect' in light of the fact they're now a 'member'. With me? So, new member continues to received prospect mailings, trying to convert him to a member. oh dear.  :(

I guess what I need to know, is a way around this - I need to force a consistent format somehow in the LMP sign-up form and amember sign-up form? Or is there a way to set LMP so that it relaxes a little bit about capitals....?

Thanks for any guidance all you lot!

Richard Butterworth

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Listmail Pro and A-Member Integration Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 03:42:09 pm »
Hi Richard,

I wouldn't be able to troubleshoot this or offer a fix without access to the aMember code.  Since it's their program and I've never looked at it before I'm sure they could handle it much more easily than I.  I recommend bringing this up with aMember support.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting