Author Topic: Welcome and Follow up do not work  (Read 2220 times)

ruben

• View Profile
Welcome and Follow up do not work
« on: January 11, 2008, 04:44:42 pm »
I recently installed LMP on a new host.  For some unknown reason, the welcome message never gets sent out.  The followup messages don't go out either.  However, I can send emails to the list.

I don't know if its an incompatibility with this host or what.  I need to fix this problem and get the welcome messages and followups to work asap.

Ruben

ruben

• View Profile
It's me again...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 06:51:30 pm »
I just checked and the welcome message also doesn't work on a site I put up last month on a DIFFERENT webhost. I thought maybe the problem was an incompatibility with the new webhost, but clearly that's not it.  I tried several different email addresses.  Doesn't work, just like the other one.  I seriously need to get these autoresponders working right away.  Please respond quick!

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 09:18:51 am »
Whether SMTP is enabled or not for list email "PHP mail" is used for confirmation, welcome and some notification messages.  If this process is not working on your server these messages will not be sent.

One somewhat common cause of sending problems is a requirement that all emails used for sending appear in your control panel as a mailbox or forwarder.  Try adding your "Bounce to email" and "Send from email" to your control panel.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

ruben

• View Profile
Still not getting Welcome message to work
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 02:08:46 pm »
Dean,

I added email accounts for the "bounce" address and for the "forwarder email" address but the Welcome message still does not work.

Did I do it the way you instructed or did I misunderstand?

Please let me know asap.

Thanks,

Ruben

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 08:58:44 pm »
Ruben, I can take a look with access you can submit here.  Worst-case I will set up a simple example script and have you forward the URL to your host for investigation. Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting