Author Topic: 403 forbidden error comes out of nowhere  (Read 6074 times)

hamot2

• View Profile
403 forbidden error comes out of nowhere
« on: November 27, 2020, 07:15:48 pm »
Hi -

I have been using the script for over 2 years now, and all of a sudden one day I go to log in, and the page says 403 forbidden.  I made no changes to anything.  I contacted my host and they could not figure out what was wrong.  I tried accessing another directory and also received the same error.

I am confident that the error is not related to the script, but what could I tell the host to look for so it can get fixed?

Thanks,
~Tim

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Re: 403 forbidden error comes out of nowhere
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 03:53:22 am »
Yeah, it sounds like a web server configuration issue. You or the host may be able to find the reason in the site error log. If it happens only when not browsing to a specific filename, e.g. index.php, which should be a default when no filename is provided, it's possible the DirectoryIndex option is not set properly (assuming an apache server). If it happens for any URL on the site it's possible the site folders have been moved and/or the site DocumentRoot option is set wrong, or there may be a folder permission issue. An .htaccess file with certain directives could also cause it, but that's unlikely to be set up by accident. There are likely other potential causes but I'd start there.
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

hamot2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 04:53:42 pm »
Hi Dean -

Thank you for your reply.

I have one other question for you now.  I am now getting a 500 internal server error.  The error in the error log says (I have replaced my server username and website):

[08-Jan-2021 17:30:23 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home1/...myusername.../public_html/...mywebsite.../mail/admin.php:2954
Stack trace:
#0 /home1/...myusername.../public_html/...mywebsite.../mail/login.php(7): include()
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home1/...myusername.../public_html/...mywebsite.../mail/admin.php on line 2954
[08-Jan-2021 17:31:14 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home1/...myusername.../public_html/...mywebsite.../mail/admin.php:2954
Stack trace:
#0 /home1/...myusername.../public_html/...mywebsite.../mail/login.php(7): include()
#1 {main}
  thrown in /home1/...myusername.../public_html/...mywebsite.../mail/admin.php on line 2954

What is going on here?  Is it something I can fix?

Thanks,
~Tim

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 04:19:02 pm »
Hi Tim,

In recent versions of PHP "mysql_" functions were discontinued and newer "mysqli_" functions must be used instead. To fix the problem, download the latest LMP files from the member area and replace your files, then browse to the login page to ensure any database updates take effect.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting