Author Topic: [Fix] Duplicate UIDs on Import - v1.8x  (Read 44341 times)

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
[Fix] Duplicate UIDs on Import - v1.8x
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2005, 07:30:31 am »
Alright, I have identified the problem.  The 1.82 update/fix was only checking imported users for counting UIDs.  The problem with this approach is that some imported users took on the UID of a user who was not imported, but subscribed from a form.  Therefore, counting "imported" users would sometimes result in a SINGLE resulting UID instead of two or more.  I have fixed the upgrade script to include ALL users, not just imported ones, and have increased the version to v1.83 so that people who previously updated to v1.82 can upgrade again, properly this time.  I apologize for the confusion - it should (finally) be over now!

Gail, I have updated you to v1.83 and you no longer have duplicate UIDs.  Thank you for checking into the update for me and resolving this issue!  This is not something I could have easily re-created on a test installation.

I will be issuing yet another update email to my users... that's 3 in 24 hours :roll:

Regards  :wink:
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

chris6

• View Profile
Still not working
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2005, 11:41:40 am »
Hi Dean
Since you fixed my site with my new 1.83 upgrade.

1.   I no longer get any confirmation emails that I've had sign ups.
2. None of my welcome emails on sign ups are going out.

I ususally get 200 tlo 300 email sign ups per day.

The sign ups seem to make it into list mail pro, but I'm not getting any sign up confirmations and the the sign up person is not getting my welcome email.
What's gone wrong, and will this now effect all my outgoing autorepondsers tomorrow too.
Gail

chris6

• View Profile
Dean Please respond
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2005, 03:48:11 pm »
Dean
It's nearly midnight here in the UK
I'm still awaiting a reply?

I am not receiving any confirmation sign up emails and my subscribers are not receiving their welcome emails from my listmail autoresponder since 4pm here in the UK since the you "fixed" the 1.83 upgrade on our server.
Please respond
Gail Cardell

chris6

• View Profile
phpmy2
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2005, 03:58:37 pm »
what is the phpmy2 directory you have left  on my server?

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2005, 08:40:26 pm »
Gail,

I apologize for the delay - this UID issue kind of side-swiped me.  I had some plans today (a short trip to visit family..) that took 10 hours to get taken care of.  It was as short as I could make it.  I'm back and will be here most of each day for any of your problems.

I can assure you that the notification and welcome message features have not been modified between v1.8 and v1.83.

I logged into your installation, set up my address to also be notified of signups on List 1, and performed a signup with the "Signup Code" page.  I received the welcome email and the notification.  Does this happen on another list, perhaps?  I wonder if your server might have been having troubles sending to your email address used for testing.  For example, temporary blocks to AOL are not uncommon.

The phpmy2 directory is PhpMyAdmin, a popular web-based MySQL database-viewing program often mentioned in these forums.  Browse to the phpmy2 URL and enter your username and password from ListMail's config.php to see what it does. :)

Regards
Dean Wiebe

chris6

• View Profile
still not receiving
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2005, 11:30:56 pm »
My Daily Mail reports and all the list mail signs ups are gong to the bounce email address.
They worked fine until 4pm my time yesterday?
They are not going to an AOL address, you scare me that you dont' look at the config area.
Everything goes to my CardellMedia.co.uk
I'd just like everything back to how it was yesterday prior to 4pm.
Where do I begin.

chris6

• View Profile
Don't touch anything
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2005, 12:02:59 am »
I've resolved most of these problemes myself now.
I don't suppose the new fix has sorted out the Daily Mail report issue that it dosn't tally with the actual number of emails it sends out?

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 11:51:19 am »
No, the dailymail report issue has not been fixed yet.  This release was simply a bug fix for the UID problem.  I will be working on the next round of changes very soon.

I have no idea what happened with your notifications and dailymail report - what was the problem as you were able to best determine?

Regards
Dean Wiebe

chris6

• View Profile
No Date Added
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2005, 12:20:25 am »
Hi Dean
I have one list ( I don't know if would happen on new lists) that I manually add people to as they become members.
This list now does not have a date added on it.  As I view all my lists on date add, it's become confusing.  The other lists that I do as autoreponse are adding the date.
Why is the manual list not adding the date anymore.
Gail Cardell

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2005, 01:35:59 am »
I have verified this problem - it seems a variable was missing... perhaps I pruned it mistakenly when cleaning up some old code... :cry: well, I suppose it's time for v1.84 then v1.9 to make amends..  :?  I'll update your installation right away and update all zeroed dates to today...
Dean Wiebe