Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
General Help & How-To / Custom HTML not saving
« Last post by ioanevans on January 05, 2017, 10:04:03 am »
Hi

I go to Custom HTML, then change the message click Save HTML.

It takes me to a list, so i go back and the change has not been made.

The same is true if i try and rename a custom html name or add in a URL, nothing is saved. I can create a new custom html but i cannot amend any of the details. How can i fix this please?

Regards

Ioan
General Help & How-To / Re: Server Migration
« Last post by mike_mac on November 23, 2016, 08:58:28 am »
isp support have now resolved the issue, this was their reply for reference:

This is an sql-mode issue, the mode defines what SQL syntax should be supported and what kind of data validation should be performed. In this situation, what is happening is that the script is attempting to insert or update a row with the integer entry taking on either the default value (e.g., of 0 or NULL) or the next AUTO_INCREMENT value.
But MySQL is not interpreting this action as valid due to its SQL_MODE being in STRICT mode, so we have disabled it and restarted the MySQL service.

they also rolled it back to MySQL 5.55 (from 5.6)
« Last post by mike_mac on November 23, 2016, 04:40:15 am »
everything seems to give the same error (this while trying to manually run dailymail:
Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1
« Last post by mike_mac on November 23, 2016, 03:26:38 am »
Cannot send message either, "Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1"
General Help & How-To / Server Migration
« Last post by mike_mac on November 23, 2016, 03:17:18 am »
Hi

My server has recently migrated and this has thrown up several issues;

Message content not loading - to which i found the PHP htmlspecialchars function fix and it seems to have worked
New messages not saving
New links not saving
New follow ups not saved
New hits not registering

So it seems Listmail can not now add new records to the DB, although I can edit existing messages links etc.

thanks

Mike
General Help & How-To / Re: Cron Job
« Last post by Jon Watkins on November 09, 2016, 03:46:11 am »
Thanks Dean, it is now working. Problem 2.

I only have 115 subscribers right now. When I send a mail it stops at 50 and says to check configuration. The settings are at the default 1000. I changed to 500 and it still pauses and I have to hit resume 2 times to send them all.  What do I look for to fix this? It was working OK until a couple weeks ago. Did they restrict something on the server at my Host?

Jon
« Last post by DW on November 07, 2016, 04:16:17 am »
Hi Jon,

It looks like you have entered the timing part (0 0 * * *, which means daily at midnight) in the area where just the command should go. You may have to separate the timing from the command (/usr/bin/wget ...) and enter the timing manually using other inputs depending on your web hosting control panel.

Regards
« Last post by Jon Watkins on November 07, 2016, 01:48:03 am »
Took off the end like you suggested Dean and it ran. Now I get a email with this -   /bin/sh: 0: command not found.

this is the code I have in there. 0 0 * * * /usr/bin/wget -O /dev/null -T 0 http://online-ministries.org/news-alerts/dailymail.php?pw=password

Jon
General Help & How-To / Re: Sending error. Check your mail settings.
« Last post by DW on November 06, 2016, 05:14:29 am »
Hi Michael,

The screen being blank is likely because of PHP output buffering. LMP should be improved to use an AJAX background sending process and queue checking script instead of a "live" page that continually runs in the browser. You can try customizing your PHP configuration to get the live experience back. In the PHP.INI you would disable compression, e.g. zlib, and set output_buffering to Off. If your system uses a proxy like Nginx or other it becomes more difficult as buffering would likely need to be disabled there, too. If none of that works an option may be to modify domail.php to output a string of spaces along with the counter update javascript to defeat any remaining buffer, e.g. after this line at 1768 (v1.88):

Code: [Select]
echo "<script language=javascript>document.s.speed2.value='$hr'</script>\n";
You could additionally output 4096 bytes of space:

echo str_repeat(' ',4096);
As for the error, if you have AUTH enabled you may be caught by a reconnection bug where the AUTH LOGIN capability is not detected properly due to the server returning AUTH PLAIN LOGIN. In admin.php on line 1522 change this:

if($mtauth && strpos($srvmsg,'AUTH LOGIN')>0){

to this:

if($mtauth && strpos($srvmsg,'LOGIN')>0){

Regards
« Last post by DW on November 06, 2016, 04:54:14 am »
Hi Jon,

The part at the end, "1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null", redirects all output to null, so you could remove that and enable the email feature if your host has it. It may be automatic. Any output when the cron task runs should be emailed to you. You might see things such as "File not found" (no wget available), "Access denied" (bad password), etc.

If you want to run the task more frequently to test it you'll want to make sure you have no followups on lists with real users to avoid sending them email, then you could change the timing to * * * * * to run every minute, or */5 * * * * to run every 5 minutes, temporarily. You'd need to disable the 24-hr restriction on the Dailymail page in LMP as well.

There are other ways to test wget and cron such as with custom scripts that is more involved. For such hands-on support please visit https://listmailpro.com/support

Regards
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10