Author Topic: !codes will not show in emails  (Read 4882 times)

Tom Lawrence

!codes will not show in emails
« on: February 28, 2013, 08:34:40 pm »
Hi Guys, I hope someone knows the answer...

I wrote a signup-xtra.php script which adds information to list=2:

<?php
$sql = "Update lm_users SET user4='$user4', user5='$user5', user6='$user6', user7='$user7', user9='$user9', user10='$user10' WHERE list = '2' and uid = '$uid'";

mysql_query($sql); // obviously not the complete script
?>

The signup form creates the mysql row with $uid $list $fname $lname $email $user1 and $user7. <form method=post action=http://...mail/signup.php>

The signup-xtra.php script above then adds $user4 $user5 $user6 $user7 $user9 and $user10.

Created list2 codes !phone (user1) !username (user7) The "values" of user1 and user7 were added by the signup form. ---  Everything so far works perfectly.

OK so here's the problem:

Created the rest of the list2 codes !other_name (user4) !other_phone (user5) !other_email (user6) and !url (user10) The "values" of these were added by the signup script.

In the emails !fname !lname !email !phone (user1) and !username (user7) all work as expected.

But !other_name (user4) !other_phone (user5) !other_email (user6) and !url (user10) Do Not Show in emails.

Obviously signup.php is adding something that my signup-xtra script isn't. I am hoping someone knows.

Something that tracks if a value has been entered into user1-10

Unless I can find out what, I am completely buggered.

Thank you
Tom Lawrence

liberate

• View Profile
Re: !codes will not show in emails
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 01:06:58 pm »
Hi everyone

I still think signup.php is adding something to track if the values have been added to user1-10. But I decided to try a different way. I added the code of my signup-xtra script to the top of signup.php, so that signup.php would add all the values to lm_users. Worked beautifully.

All of the list codes work. I reverted back to only having global list codes as each list has the same message code layout.

Regards
Tom