Author Topic: Track how many times an HTML message was opened  (Read 35355 times)

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Track how many times an HTML message was opened
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2004, 02:20:13 pm »
Did you verify that the table and data exist in MySQL?  You mention that hits are being tracked so I assume the data is there.

The login mechanism uses a cookie.  Did you recently disable cookies in your browser?  Can you still login to ListMail?  If so, then this is unlikely to be the problem as it uses the same process.

I don't have many more ideas.  I could check it out if you submit your server information under "Other", at http://listmailpro.com/support
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting

clarksco

• View Profile
Track.php not working for me.
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2004, 10:19:51 pm »
Quote from: "DW"

The login mechanism uses a cookie.  Did you recently disable cookies in your browser?

I did just upgrade to Windows XP SP2.  I verified that I could receive cookies and based on your question, I deleted the cookies in my browser and now it works again.  I am not sure what went wrong.

Thanks for the help.
--Scott

andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2005, 08:58:54 pm »
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!

Got this to work perfectly.
Took a little tweaking, but reports perfectly.

I made my tracking image a 1x1 pixel so as not to disturb
my html design.

I know there's been a lot of talk about html v. plain text.
We always send both. We've done fine over the years.
Now it will be interesting to track open rates to test and adjust
subject lines.

Dean, this feature, when incorporated into LM as a standard feature will be a unique feature not normally found in emailing solutions in this range.
Open Rates are generally for the big-boys.

Great Stuff.

Andrew Golden
LONG TIME LM USER

terriz

• View Profile
tracking how many emails opened
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 06:00:21 pm »
Dean,
Is this feature planned for a future release? Whenever I talk with someone who could save a LOT of money over the $20/mo. email services they are using, this is always a show-stopper. People (including me!) want to know how many people actually read our emails! And yes I've seen the script earlier in this thread...I'm just praying that it gets implemented in ListMail soon  :)

sydney3

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 10:06:14 pm »
Dean,

I have experienced exactly the same issue as Scott - once I read the results once and log out, I cannot log back into the results anymore.

I type my password and hit the login button and nothing happens.

I thought it was cookie related as I deleted a "Listmail Administrator" cookie and was then able to login. Once I logged out from that session, I was again no longer able to log in at all (and the cookie I deleted was not rewritten to my cookies folder).

I then changed my cookie settings to allow all cookies and still was not able to log in - seemingly killing the cookie theory.

I can still access my Listmail install, just not this new read tool.

Any suggestions would be great - this is an awesome tool and something I definitely want to use.

Cheers,
Matt.

kfloyd

• View Profile
Parse error
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 04:51:34 pm »
I just set up track.php and when I go to the track.php page, I get this error.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/EveryoneReady/email_notices/track.php on line 58

Any ideas?

richardwing

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 10:20:42 pm »
Can someone say whether this feature is now part of ListMAil?

Thanks,
Richard Wing
Richard Wing

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can sell him all kinds of fishing equiptment!" ;)

debbuxton

• View Profile
stats won't show
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 03:21:50 pm »
Hey there,

Have installed the track.php. Table is set up and has data in it from a test message I sent, so know the tracking is working for the open rate.

however, when I go to the http://www.example.com/listmail/track.php?admin=1

I enter the password and login and nothing comes on the screen -- just the password box and login button again.

Any words of wisdom???

d