Author Topic: Dedicated Server Question - Need to cancel DreamHost  (Read 14555 times)

devilslayer

• View Profile
Dedicated Server Question - Need to cancel DreamHost
« on: July 30, 2007, 01:25:20 pm »
Hello Dean,

Can you tell me if the following dedicated server would be ok for hosting ListMailPro?

P4 3.0ghz
2048 Ram
200 GB HDD
750 GB Bandwidth

I signed up with DreamHost for 2 years with their CodeMonster Reseller Account.  I specifically chose DreamHost because they supported email lists.

DreamHost have since changed their terms and only allow 100 emails an hour? Or that is what I have read on this forum in other peoples posts.

I also have a reseller CPanel hosting account which I host approx 5 websites on.  Mostly small sites and personal hobby sites / testing sites.

Could the server I have mentioned above handle ListMailPro and a few sites as well?

I plan to cancel my DreamHost and Reseller account and use a dedicated server instead.

I could get a higher spec dedicated server, but the cost would be a lot more.

Thank You

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
Dedicated Server Question - Need to cancel DreamHost
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 04:12:43 pm »
Hi that is a very powerful dedicated server.  You could likely run ListMail and a few busy sites with 1 GB -less- RAM.  I recommend a maximum of about 150k emails per day per server to deal with Yahoo rate-limiting etc.  I also recommend certain optimizations for Exim and qmail.

Please let me know if you have further questions!

Regards.
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting