Author Topic: System failures  (Read 9508 times)

lorraine

• View Profile
System failures
« on: July 01, 2007, 03:45:59 am »
I've used List Mail Pro for almost two years. In the last 4-5 months the autoresponder has begun to fail by partially sending to my list. I have to go in and click on resume. This morning it failed to complete after each 100 and I had to monitor the mailing, waiting 1 minute before resuming 14 times! It took me 25 minutes to complete this mailing. This is happening if I try to send it in advance or in daily mail.  This is supposed to save me time not cost me time! I am tearing my hair out and about to dump this system. My web designer has also had it.

What is the problem AND the remedy for this!!!!!!

Lorraine  :x

DW

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • https://legacy.listmailpro.com
System failures
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 04:17:19 am »
Hi Lorraine,

I am very sorry to hear about your frustration.  Unfortunately I fear there may not be a lot I can do.  Server availability, email deliverability (staying off block lists, monitoring the server for web/database/email performance issues, watching for excessive messages, etc) is your web hosts responsibility.  Since I am not the host I am unable to investigate.  It is also unlikely that, given the opportunity, your host would grant me access, and for good reason - giving away administrator access is -never- recommended in the security books. :)  Basically it gives the power to put in an undetectable backdoor, etc. (I've never done it) but I'm getting off topic...

I am very familiar with most server types and would be willing to investigate, but I would need 'root' (administrator) access.  Please ask your host if they would provide this access over a secure link.

If they are unwilling then you are stuck at the mercy of your web host's support staff and you may want to consider either moving your entire site or just your ListMailPRO installation (to a new domain or hosted on a subdomain of your existing domain, the rest of which you can leave where it is) to a new host.

Note that if you have a very small list and highly professional messages I may consider hosting you myself on one of my own servers - let me know details of your list size and frequency by email (dean@...) or from http://contact.listmailpro.com

Please either have your host forward access via the ticket system or just let me know if you (or they) have any more questions.

Regards
Dean Wiebe
ListMailPRO Author & Developer - Help | Support | Hosting