Author Topic: What's next after v1.87b?  (Read 17307 times)

BGSWebDesign

• View Profile
    • http://www.bgswebdesign.com
What's next after v1.87b?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 09:49:51 am »
Hi DW,

Here's another few 'quick points',  1.) Need a 'Save As' on the User Selection Screen so I can load up a previous selection and then make changes and 'save as' a different name.  2.) I'd really appreciate it if you made the SMTP Delay a value on the Configuration screen, I know you put it in the code, but it's set at 9, I need it to be at 12 to run good for me, and it's a pain having to go through the code and make changes every time  a new release comes out, actually the more of these type of configuration vars that you can move over to the config table (screen) and NOT include in config.php - the better!

A quick question, I see now where the problem is with displaying the User Database screen for 'All', I have about 8,000 pages that have to be displayed in the pull-down box on the upper-right.  I think I remember in another post that you were going to do away with this in the next release, is that right?

Improved link tracking stats are coming up quick!

Great!  I can't wait for this what type of stats will we be able to get?  Any previews you can show us?

Thanks again, and keep on moving forward, can't wait for next release...
Thanks,
-Brett
http://www.bgswebdesign.com/Contact-Us.php

*** I do custom List Mail Pro installations ***
Contact me through my website (above)

BGSWebDesign

• View Profile
bump...
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 10:08:56 am »
Hi DW,

[BUMP]

Quote:
Improved link tracking stats are coming up quick!

Great! I can't wait for this what type of stats will we be able to get? Any previews you can show us?

Back to this, I'm looking at some stats I'm able to get now on Conversion To Sale, BUT I need more, what I also really, Really, REALLY need to know is HOW MANY of these people received the followup that led to the sale...

For example using AdTrackz (or any similar conversion tracker) you can get this:

Code: [Select]
Campaign   Clicks  Uniques   Actions  Sales  CPC  CPS  Revenue  Profit ROI
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MyCamp       25       15        0        1 $10.00 $10.00 $17.00 $7.00  70%

This is great information - BUT - I need to know HOW MANY EMails went out to result in these numbers... .THIS IS where you'll either 1.) integrate with a conversion tracker, or 2.) Do it Yourself, BUT, I NEED to have all of this, basically it's not very valuable without since I don't know if 1,000 people were sent this email (through Followups in LMP), or if 10,000 people were sent this email!

I think you can see how valuable this is, and how much is lacking WITHOUT a true way of tying n the Followups Sent to the Conversions/Sales.

Here's an idea...  it may be the simplest for you: provide a simple way to assign a 'Campaign Name' (or link name) to ANY FOLLOWUP, and then give us stats (mailed out for each Campaign Name, selectable, over a time period - Month, Week, Year, Forever, or selectable time-frame).

Now what that does is let me setup a date range, ie, August 01-August 31, 2006 and look at Total Followups mailed out (by 'Campaign Name') to the group which I can also then pull the same range for stats from the Conversion Tracking Software, that way you do not need to write any conversion tracking, or include that code anywhere in LMP (at least for now).... and it would let you move forward with other things...

Of course this is separate and does NOT include what I had layed out previously about handling Split Testing and clicks/tracking that is discussed in this thread:
http://listmailpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=455.0

What do you think?    Everyone???
Thanks,
-Brett

mr.trevor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 05:39:16 pm »
This looks interesting Brett, but just call me naive...... are your campaigns a series of mails scheduled to go out over a period or are they a specific mail you send out at the time (that is, not scheduled)..?
Is a campaign in this sense a series of mails that go out mixed with other unrelated ones in between, maybe.
Could this mean that individual mails, which may be spread out with others between, would be tagged and then grouped into a collection if they all refer to the same campaign?
If scheduled, could some be receiving a different part of the campaign sequence? Would you identify which specific mail of a series caused a response?
Could a number of campaigns run at the same time?
Sorry I am a little unclear how immediate or 'hands free' this is intended.
TrevorW

BGSWebDesign

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 06:01:53 pm »
Hi,

are your campaigns a series of mails scheduled to go out over a period or are they a specific mail you send out at the time (that is, not scheduled)..?

My campaigns are two email followups that follow one after the other, a series for me is about 10 campaigns (of 2 followups each) that follow one after the other.

There's no reason it couldn't work either way, if you wanted the campaign to be the whole series, you just give the same campaign name to each followup in the series, make sense?

Is a campaign in this sense a series of mails that go out mixed with other unrelated ones in between, maybe.

As mentioned above, it could be either, as long as you give each followup that is tied to the campaign the same name, they could be mixed together, throughout a series of emails, a series could be one campaign, or it could be 10 (as in my case).

Could this mean that individual mails, which may be spread out with others between, would be tagged and then grouped into a collection if they all refer to the same campaign?

Yes exactly, you've got it  :shock:

If scheduled, could some be receiving a different part of the campaign sequence? Would you identify which specific mail of a series caused a response?

You lost me here?  I think so, based on which followup in the sequence they are on (each user could be on a different campaign, whichever campaign they are tagged with that is going out with the followup they are on)  I would know which emails are related to which campaign and can therefore tie those to the Conversions/Sales in my Ad Tracking software.

Could a number of campaigns run at the same time?

Of course, any number could be running, 10, 20, 30 or 100, depending on how many campaigns you have assigned to your followups...

Sorry I am a little unclear how immediate or 'hands free' this is intended.

I'm hoping this is flexible enough and rigid enough to tie a followup to a conversion/sale in my other software package, that's what I'm looking for, for myself and anyone else who wants to use it, I think this would do it, for now...  and provide a good enough solution to let me get an idea of how many emails are resulting in purchases - I can't do that now, I can see how many clicks are resulting in purchases, but I don't know how many emails went out to cause those clicks - that's what this would solve... got it?

Let me know about other questions, I think it's fairly straight forward...
Thanks,
-Brett